Poll: Course of the Year 2011Vote for "The Course of the Year 2011" by setting up your "Top 5 List" for the best courses of 2011.
Your 'Top 5 List'
Instructions1. Drag maps from the list of candidates on the left to your favourite list on the right (click a map sample to see the full map).
2. Enter your name and e-mail address, and click below to submit your vote.
POLL IS CLOSED!
3. Win great prizes from our sponsors (see below).
RulesThe following are the rules for the voting in "The course of the Year 2011":
- The 'Course of the Year 2011' will be found based on summing all the votes. For each course being set on the top of a 'Top 5 List', 100 points are awarded to this course. For each course being set as number 2, 70 points are awarded, and so on with 50, 30 and 10 points for the next spots on the list down to number 5.
- You are only allowed to vote once (if several people share one internet connection, only one can vote, as the IP address is used to identify the voter along with the email-address of the voter).
- Among all people voting and submitting suggestions, a minimum of 10 prizes from our sponsors will be drawn. See below for the prizes.
Prizes from our SponsorsPrizes from our Sponsors always makes it more fun! There will be a prize for the course setter in "The course of the Year 2011", a prize for the first one suggesting the course which ends up becoming "The course of the Year 2011", and prizes drawn among the ones suggesting and voting. Sponsors for "The course of the Year 2011":
- Lipica Open
Lipica Open offers a package of 2 transferable start places for the Lipica Open weekend + the Xtremor warm-up event.
Lipica open 2012 will be organized on the brand new maps of the brand new terrain in the Kras region in Slovenia from March 10th-11th. There will be a warm-up event - Xtremor - on March 8th-9th, giving you 4 days of interesting karst orienteering.
- Croatia Open
Croatia Open offers a package of 2 transferable start places for the Complete Croatia Open week with accommodation in Sport Hall included.
Croatia Open is a 4 day orienteering race - offering you 4 different types of terrain from extreme karst to mediteraean and continental terrain. "Croatia open" attracts more than 600 competitors from 30 countries offering you great orienteering holiday - combining orienteering with holidays on the Adriatic coast.
- Fjord-O West
Fjord-O West offers a package of 2 transferable start places for the complete Fjord-O West week 2012.
Fjord-O West is a four day race in the beautiful valley of Voss, organized from June 26th until June 29th 2012. Voss is a small village in the heart of the famous westcoast Fjords of Norway close to Bergen. The event can be combined with O-festivalen organized in Beitostølen the weekend ahead of Fjord-O West 2012.
- EOC Tour 2012
EOC Tour 2012 offers a package of 2 transferable start places for the complete EOC Tour 2012.
EOC 2012 is an orienteering festival with four day public races which will be held in conjunction with EOC2012. 17th-18th May, Arena Skattungbyn, Orsa, 19th-20th May, Arena Lugnet, Falun.
For the record: All sponsor gifts/income related to "The Best Course of 2011" goes directly to the WorldofO.com readers.